Guide to remodel bathroom for physically challenged
Bathroom is one of the most critical areas for the physically challenged people. If the accessible bathroom Design in Houston is improper, it could lead to accidents and serious injuries too. Thus, you need to have complete understanding while remodelling your bathroom if you have handicapped people in your family.
Some of the common issues that lead to slip and fall accidents in the bathroom are:
- Wet floor
- Slippery tiles
- No stand-up support in the water tubs
- Compact spaces
- Soapy floor
- Improper fittings
- Incorrect bathroom structure
- Poor bathroom design
To avoid all the above slip and fall risks, you must have a thorough knowledge of bathroom remodelling. In this article, we shall help you with the guidelines on how to remodel a bathroom for the physically challenged.
Guide to remodel bathroom for physically challenged:
- Good lighting plays an important role in bathroom remodelling. Plan your lights’ settings in a manner that these avoid any shadows. You must also focus on natural light as much as possible.
- Options such as curb less showers are ideal for people who are prone to wheelchairs. It can be easily used even by people regardless of their health condition. Walk-in tubs are also great alternatives to the traditional bath tubs. These help the person to climb with comfort and ease. Check with a good Houston remodelling contractor.
- Install handles and grab bars wherever applicable. For bath tubs your re-modelling contractor will suggest you to go for two bars; one on the sidewall while standing and another accessible while sitting.
- Consider the flooring to be anti-slippery. Non-slip surfaces are highly important when you remodel your bathroom to make it more accessible for handicapped people. A textured tile or a floor suctions can be of great help.
- The shelves have to be installed in a manner that the toiletries are no more a struggle for someone who is wheelchair dependant. For instance, shower gels, toothpaste, soap, bathrobe, face napkin, toilet rolls, etc… must be easily accessible.
- Ensure that you also remove all obstacles that may come in the zone of the wheelchair or anyone who needs extra care and attention. In such scenarios, you may need to install walk-n shower or walk-in bathtub to ensure easy access to both.
- Hot showers need close attention too especially when you have elders or kids who have sensitive skin. Due to delicate skin, they are more prone to risk of burns and thus, you must keep a set balanced temperature for hot water.
For more tips and guidelines on bathroom remodel, and take a look at some exciting patio covers Houston
- New Orleans: The Gateway to Creole Culture March 13, 2023
- What is the trend for countertops in 2023? March 9, 2023
- Incredible Benefits Of Virtual Office Rental February 1, 2023
- How Can A Subrogation Lawyer Protect You? February 1, 2023
- What To Do If You Are Injured In A Car Accident January 3, 2023
- How to pick a winning fantasy cricket team January 2, 2023
- How to pick a cricket betting app that’s right for you January 2, 2023