A large number of households in Canada are reliant on propane as a primary source of energy, thanks to the various perks that it offers. In fact, propane is even better than natural gas for heating, cooking and, other tasks. This, together with the fact that propane is available in plenty, makes it likely that propane would continue to be one of the top fuels for residential use.
What makes propane so popular for residential applications?
While there are a number of options to choose from, propane offers a number of major advantages that make it an extremely good choice for residential applications. The key perks of residential propane include:
One of the biggest benefits of propane is the diverse range of purposes for which you can use it. You could use propane for your cooking appliances, clothes dryer, fireplace, etc. Apart from these, propane is also a great fuel for outdoor fire features, grills, pool heaters, backup generators, and other appliances.
Propane also happens to be a highly reliable source of energy for residential applications. Even when powerful storms or other disasters cause a power blackout, you can still count on your propane heater to keep your home warm. A whole-house backup generator running on propane can even help you make it through the power outage without much hassle.
- High efficiency
While choosing any fuel, you would want to focus on efficiency to reduce the expenses. Now, propane is highly efficient, with 90% of the fuel converting to energy upon combustion. This implies that there would be less wastage and greater energy output. A clear example of this is the fact that propane heaters generate much greater heat than electric or oil heaters.
- Appliance cost
Upon choosing propane as the primary fuel in the household, homeowners can also save money on appliances. Electrical appliances typically cost more than the ones running on propane and require lower operational costs. Propane appliances also have a long lifespan, which means that you wouldn’t have to spend a lot of money on repairs and replacements.
While choosing fuels for residential applications, safety is usually a major concern. Propane gas turns out to be perfect in this aspect. You can store propane safely in puncture-resistant tanks and the chances of leakage or explosion are quite low. Moreover, propane is non-toxic in nature and does not have any harmful effects on soil or water.
- Low maintenance
The low maintenance of propane appliances is another factor that helps homeowners save money. For instance, propane is a clean-burning fuel that does not generate soot upon combustion. This greatly reduces the need for maintenance and helps the appliances last longer. For propane tanks, you just need to carry out maintenance once a year.
How to get a reliable supply of propane?
If you are going to use propane as a primary fuel in your home, you need to make sure that propane would be available to you throughout the year. While getting your tanks refilled as needed may not sound like a big deal, finding the right company certainly is. You wouldn’t want to purchase propane from a company that you can’t rely on in times of need.
Some of the factors to consider are:
- You might benefit from choosing a company that offers automatic propane refilling.
- A propane supplier charging reasonable rates for the propane and other associated costs can help you save money.
- A responsive and well-established company should be able to provide you with timely deliveries.
- Look for a company that has a helpful and friendly customer support team.
One of the leading propane gas suppliers in Canada should be able to keep you well-stocked with propane throughout the year.
- UNLOCKING EFFICIENCY: YOUR GUIDE TO INDUSTRIAL EQUIPMENT MAINTENANCE November 8, 2023
- SELECTING THE RIGHT PUMP MATERIAL: FINDING THE PERFECT FIT FOR YOUR APPLICATION October 27, 2023
- Combining Fundamental and Technical Analysis on TradingView August 26, 2023
- Letting the Light In: The Magic of Sheer Curtains August 14, 2023
- Mastering Futures Trading: Navigating NSE Holidays Like a Pro April 6, 2023
- New Orleans: The Gateway to Creole Culture March 13, 2023
- What is the trend for countertops in 2023? March 9, 2023